Thursday, August 6, 2009

Randomness

Hmm, it's been a while.

Currently I'm up early and quite bored. I woke up at about 6:30 with a horribly stuffed up nose (I'm fighting allergies) and just couldn't get comfortable enough to fall back asleep. Given the fact that we had people over last night and were up till almost 1am . . . well, needless to say, I was not happy that my body decided to deprive me of another few hours sleep. Though I have been sleeping far more than usual lately, so I guess I don't really need it.

I'm "stuck" in the computer room at the moment. Pat is still sleeping in the bedroom, and we have a house guest this week sleeping out on our futon in the living room. So . . . I'm here. Not that there's really much else I could be doing if I had the other rooms available to me, but I'm a person who likes to have options.

The job from last week never played out, so I'm still looking. It's so frustrating. I learn things really quickly, and I'm probably capable of doing just about anything that doesn't require specialized knowledge. Unfortunately what my resume says is, "Has an unrelated degree in music, and hasn't worked in two years." Whether it's that, whether it's my out-of-area area code (I knew I should have changed my cell to a local number when we moved), or whether it's just bad luck, I don't know. But it's getting old.

On the plus side, we have a wedding to go to tomorrow. The bride is one of Pat's best friends (they've known each other since first grade), my former roommate, and one of the bridesmaids from our own wedding. It's kind of weird that she's getting married, though at the same time we've already been married for two years. We were one of the first couples in our group friends to get married, so I guess we're not allowed to say "It's so weird!" when other people get married, since we already pulled that on everyone. Besides, she and her hubby-to-be have been together for what seems like forever, so really, it's just time.

Guess that's all I've got for now. We've been kind of busy this week what with Pat's friend from Ohio visiting. Maybe next week will see more regular posting. Then again, I wouldn't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment