Thursday, August 27, 2009

Still Alive

Wow. Clearly, we suck at this blog thing. A few weeks now, between updates.

The funny thing is, when I was playing Warcraft, I had a blog. And I posted all the time. But I think the difference is that with WoW, I knew there were people out there who would enjoy hearing about it. Even if things started to get boring or repetitive, I didn't mind talking about it because I knew there were others who could relate.

In life, on the other hand . . . well, not that people can't relate, but things just feel SO slow and boring right now. "So . . . yeah . . . read another book today." "Made chicken for dinner, it turned out all right." Not exactly newsworthy. And it just seems like I have nothing exciting or even remotely interesting to talk about. And not that I don't think I could come up with things to talk about, but once again, then I start to feel like I'm turning this into MY blog rather than OUR blog, and so I just don't say anything. And then we go three weeks between posts.

One (relatively) fun thing I can say is that we've both started playing Farmville on Facebook. I used to be very . . . well, not exactly anti-app on Facebook, but more just like, that wasn't why I had it. I have it to keep up with friends and talk to people I might otherwise not. Not to sit there and play games all day. But finally I got a couple invites to play this game and thought I'd give it a try. And now I'm kinda hooked, and have started playing other games on Facebook as well.

Yeah . . . that's what's new. Pretty sad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment