Monday, July 12, 2010

New Design

So, I know we've got a total of like 3 readers, and most people probably use a feed reader anyway, but I re-did the blog layout. I really like it. AND, Blogger has added a pages feature since the last time I played around with things here, so I added an "About Us" tab (though there's nothing there yet) and will probably be going tab-happy in the future as I figure out new things I can use it for.

In other news . . . yeah, nothing's been going on really. Hence the lack of posts. Ever since Pat left for Iowa, it feels like my life has been on hiatus. Which is really an amusing thought considering I've felt that way to some extent ever since I left college. It feels like I'm always waiting for something. Waiting to get married. Waiting till we move. Waiting till we can start a family. Waiting to go back to school. And, in the mean time, four more years of my life have gone by. When did that happen?

This is something different, though. I know a big part of it is because Pat's gone. Part of it is this weird dynamic of living with my family again as an adult (I think not having my own car is making it weirder than it might otherwise be). Part of it is that, rather than looking forward to some vague future milestone, I'm waiting for a very specific thing, knowing that it will be soon, but not knowing exactly when it's going to happen. It's just . . . weird. Days go by and I don't really notice, but instead of feeling anxious because time is slipping away from me, I just feel like these days don't really count anyway. It's not a great attitude, I know.

I didn't mean for this to be so much of a downer, but I guess I just needed to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment