Friday, September 10, 2010

Bittersweet

Today was my last day at Borders. I told them I could work through next Thursday, but when my manager was making up the schedule I guess she and another manager had just been discussing my leaving, and so she made up the schedule thinking that I wasn't going to be there . . . and then realized that I was. But, whatever. My paycheck isn't so significant that a week off is going to seriously hurt me (especially lately I've been working only about 15 hours, if that) and it will make next week much less stressful. I haven't even really started packing yet, so there's all that to do. I made one last hair appointment (didn't know if I'd be able to squeeze that in before I left). And I can read a couple more books guilt-free that they don't have at the Dubuque library (yes, I've already been looking into that as I add books to my to-read list).

I really am going to miss this job. There were a couple customers today that made me question that (there are always a couple) but really this is one of the best jobs I've had, mostly because of my coworkers. I'm hoping to transfer to the Dubuque store, but I honestly don't know if it will be the same. It's hard to imagine working in a store where everything is the same except the people. My managers are all awesome. Pretty much everyone is great to work with.

So, yeah. Even though I'm looking forward to moving, and even a little relieved to be done with work earlier than expected, I am going to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment