Saturday, January 22, 2011

Currently Reading

I am pretty much constantly reading. I'm not one of those people who can have two or three different books going at once, but as soon as I finish one book, I almost always have another one ready to begin. I stealthily added some new info to the sidebar a while ago. My "Currently Reading" link was added a couple months ago, I think. And then with the new year, my favorite book site Goodreads added a goal-setting widget, so I added that as well. Currently up to 6 out of 75 for the year, working on #7.

Last year I joined a group on GR to read 75 books in the year. I chose to count only new books, and ended the year with 82, with an additional 28 re-reads. I actually read the majority of that (including all but 1 of the "new reads") by September, and my reading pretty much came to a screeching halt when I moved to Iowa. (Rediscovering World of Warcraft probably had a part to play in that.) Took me a few months to actually get into it again, to the point where I wondered if 75 was a realistic goal for me this year. Now that I'm 22 days and 6 books in, most of those doubts have gone away (though my WOW friends have probably noticed I haven't been on nearly as much as I was when I first came back to the game . . . more on that another time).

Probably the two most notable things I plan to read this year are the Millennium trilogy (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, etc) and the Hunger Games trilogy. I'm also super-excited about The Devil Colony, the latest release by my favorite author. It was supposed to come out last summer, but I guess Rollins had a lot on his plate last year and it got pushed back. Bad news for impatient fans like me, but definitely better than throwing together a sub-par book just to make deadline.

Other than that . . . I've got well over 100 books in my TBR spreadsheet (that's to-be-read, for you non-book-obsessed people out there). Definitely no lack of reading material any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment