Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Taking Over!

Okay, so our goal has usually been for Pat to at least have one post up on the front page. That's as much a goal for me to post less often as it is for him to post more, because I could quite easily post every day. It wouldn't necessarily be interesting, but I'm much more of a writer than he is. (And I don't mean that to say that I'm a GOOD writer necessarily, I just write. A lot.) And a lot of times when I go two months (or more) without posting, it's partly because I'm consciously trying to not post too often, and then I get lazy or forget.

In the new year I seem to have settled in to about 2 a week. My weekly health/fitness update, and then maybe another post earlier in the week.

But, regardless of the fact that the front page is usually mostly blue text as opposed to orange, I've slowly started taking over the side bar as well! First I put up what I was currently reading. Then I added my widget for the 2011 reading challenge. And now there's another new addition: my MFP badge showing how much I've lost since the beginning of the year.

I debated putting this up. I've intentionally been vague about my weight since I started posting about it (though if you check older posts I believe I've mentioned it before). I don't know why. It's not that I'm ashamed, exactly. I mean, I know it's not a GOOD thing that I've gotten this way, but it's still just another fact about me, and in the interest of staying accountable I really should give you guys all the information. I guess the main reason is that this isn't specifically about weight, for me. It's about being healthier. Yes, I'd like to look better, but that's not the primary goal, just a nice side effect. So, the steps I'm taking are more important to me than where I started or where I end up.

But at the same time . . . it's still nice to share my progress. Not to mention I've been so gung ho about this website since I started using it (yes, I realize it's been less than a week), that I feel like incorporating at least a small part of it here. Whether it makes sense or not, those are my reasons. At least, I think they are. It's hard to tell sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment