Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So, It's Been A While . . .

I know I've gone far longer than two weeks without posting, but given how much I had been posting recently, it just seems like it's been a long time.

Nothing new to report. My weight is slowly but steadily coming down. Even after a weekend excursion to Milwaukee, involving lots of eating out and drinking, I managed to lose another pound when I weighed in on Monday. It's encouraging to see the weight coming off, though a part of me is getting impatient to see progress somewhere other than the scale. Part of the issue is that I FEEL so much better than I did a couple months ago, and I wish that it showed on the outside. But, that will have to wait, I guess.

Just as a comparison, though, I went back to one of my earliest posts this year, and these were my three goals to improve upon:

~ 4+ glasses of water a day
~ no more sad faces in my journal (from overeating)
~ Y 3 times a week, Wii Fit on the other days

Compared to where I am now:

~ I am drinking at LEAST 8 glasses of water a day now, usually more like 10-12.
~ With the exception of this weekend, I am staying within (or very close to) my calorie goals each day. When I do go over, it's because of calorie-dense meals, not overeating. Portion control is no longer an issue.
~ I am going to the Y 3 times a week, consistently. When I'm there, I do about an hour of cardio, broken up with circuit training, and I can do up to 30 minutes without taking a break. At the beginning of the year, I was lucky if I could get to 15 minutes and not feel like falling over when I was done.

On the downside . . . I haven't put as much effort into finding a job as I should. After the Borders thing fell through, I decided I would wait till after the holidays, and then start again. I have applied a few places, but it's just hard to put energy into something as soul-sucking as job searching (keeping in mind that I'm not even looking for a job that I'd be happy doing, since that won't really exist until I can go back to school, if that ever happens) when I'm finally filling my days with something meaningful to me. A couple months ago I was bored out of my skull staying at home all day. Now I'm wondering how I'm going to keep up this momentum if suddenly 40 hours of my week are taken away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment