Monday, May 23, 2011

Apparently a good day for our blog

Totally not trying to steal Charleen's thunder because her posts today are awesome! I just happened to write a blog post today before I found out about hers.

Well, this year my goal has been to post more often...I was doing really well to start but now it's been over a month since I last posted. So, what's been happening?

First things first, the weather's been nicer. A lot nicer! Being in the midwest it's bounced back and forth a lot, but overall it's been pretty nice and we've been spending a lot more time outside with our new bikes. Yup, that's right Char and I got bikes and we're using them quite a bit. There's a trail near here that we've been riding on once or twice a week. I even rode my bike into work this morning for the first time! It's about 8 miles and took me a little over a half hour. I'm hoping to do that a lot over the summer.

Let's see, we went back to our hometown a little over a week ago and "went to" the Lilac Day Parade. We're from Lombard and it's the Lilac Villiage. Every year they have a parade that's about 3 hours long that just about everyone in town goes to...and then some. I think the estimate I heard is that usually there are about 55,000 people in attendance (pretty good for a town of about 34,000 last I knew). Anyway the reason that "went to" is in quotes a couple sentences back is because the weather on the day of the parade was absolutely lousy for parade weather. It was windy and cold and misting out all day,so we went to our friend Lynsey's place that is right on the parade route and watched through her bay window. We still saw everything, but it wasn't quite the same as being on the curb on a bright sunny day. Still fun to hang out with good friends though.

And finally, we finished watching Stargate SG-1 this past week including both of the movies that follow the series. We started watching them about 2 years ago with some friends back home. I had seen most of the first 4 seasons when they originally aired, but didn't keep up and Charleen hadn't seen any of it. We both enjoyed it a lot. Now to decide what series in our long list to watch next. I've started watching Eurika and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (yes I like anime), I'd also like to watch Warehouse 13 and Big Bang Theory. Then of course there's How I Met Your Mother, and catching back up on Castle and NCIS, but none of those are available for instant view with Netflix. So yeah, that's the short list of TV series that I'd like to watch.

Anyway, that's just a little bit of what's been going on lately. Lots of getting outside mixed in with some healthy TV watching. :D Oh, and we're planning on getting Slider in on some of the outdoor action soon. We'll see if he can get over his dislike of his harness if it means that he can actually walk around outside. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment