Saturday, October 27, 2012

Groggy Grumblings

So, to set the stage, I've been sick the last couple days. At first I figured it was allergies, which is pretty much how all my non-winter colds start. I used to be really good at "feeling" the difference between the two, but apparently not anymore. Either that or it truly is allergies and THEN I get a cold, and the transition is so seamless that I can't tell. But anyway, this last week we were having some unseasonably warm weather, so I figured it was my allergies flaring up when I was all sneezy and snuffly. Wednesday night I started coughing, though, and then Thursday and Friday . . . well, I won't go into all the nasty details, but it was unpleasant, I'll leave it at that.

Then last night, despite my taking NyQuil right before I went to bed, I couldn't sleep. Part of it was my typical brain not turning off, and then in addition to that my stomach was feeling wonky (I think I had too much medicine and not enough real food yesterday), but I think the fact that I stayed up till 1:30am -- while annoying -- is probably a good indication that my body is on the mend.

This morning I'm feeling better -- if tired -- although I can still feel the nastiness in my chest. Hopefully it'll work itself out in another day or so.

In other news . . .

I'm currently reading The Twelve. I'm liking it a lot so far, but I liked the first 25% of The Passage a lot more than the rest of it . . . not that I DIDN'T like the rest of it, I'm reading the sequel so obviously I enjoyed it overall, the first part of it was just a little more my style. So, anyway, yes, enjoying it so far. If this keeps up it'll be a much quicker read than I'd anticipated.

NaNo starts on Thursday. I still don't have a ton of details, although I did spend part of my waking hours last night thinking about it and trying to find connections between my random ideas. So, we'll see how that goes.

We're not even bothering getting Halloween candy this year. We always get a least a little, just in case, but we've NEVER had trick-or-treaters, ever. Not too surprising in an apartment, I guess. Of course this year, since we're not being prepared, will be the first year that we do.

Also, I know I've been saying for, well, almost a year now, that I have to get back on track with my exercise and eating habits. Well, now I have bona fide DOCTOR'S ORDERS to lose 10 lbs. With the holidays approaching, this seems to have come at the worst possible time to try getting serious again, but I just have to suck it up and get it done.

Anyway, guess that's pretty much everything that's going on right now. I know, I lead such an exciting life.

1 comment:

  1. Eh, exciting is overrated. I'd like life to be a wee bit less exciting:)

    ReplyDelete